Can i put antibiotic ointment on my dog if it’s a bacterial infection?
It’s been a while since I’ve written. It’s been hard to find the time with two small babies. My older one is almost 3 and has been crawling around for quite some time. And our youngest has been a little sick as well so my days have been quite full. But today was a day I didn’t want to spend in a hospital. He was a little sick agn and it’s been about two weeks now. He has a cough and it seems like he might be allergic to something. I think it’s likely he caught something, though I’m not sure what it is or what to do about it.
I have some very old medicine I got from my dad. I’ve used it for years when I’ve had colds or infections. It’s the one that contns neomycin and bacitracin. My dad gave me a contner of it, but I don’t have a bottle anymore. He used it in the past to treat infections and my dogs and cats. I used it for my children years ago as well.
I don’t know how effective it is, but I thought it couldn’t hurt to use it on him. Is it a good idea to put it on his sore spots? What other options do I have? Should I put it on the rest of his body? I have used it on my dog and cats in the past and it seems to work great for them. My youngest has a lot of allergies, but he doesn’t seem to have any of the typical symptoms like sneezing or itchy eyes. He’s been taking an antihistamine to help with that, but I’m not sure what else to do.
So I was wondering if any of you have used it on your pets and can help me out? I am planning to try it in a couple of days. Thanks!
Try it. I’ve used it on my dogs. If you google “dogs and bacitracin ointment” you’ll find plenty of other ideas. There’s even a product that uses bacitracin instead of neomycin, because it’s cheaper. You might try it at night, and if it’s been a few days, you can go back to your vet. Or even try it at night and if it’s still there the next day, take him to the vet. There’s always a solution. Good luck, and don’t hesitate to come back and ask any more questions if you need to.
Are there antibiotics that are safe for my puppy?
I have a 4 week old puppy and he seems to be developing a bit of diarrhea and some stomach issues (we think) with food that we give him. We take him to the vet because he’s lethargic and I don’t know what else to do. I’m hoping it’s just a stomach infection because the vet sd that if he’s got diarrhea, it’s usually a bacterial thing and antibiotics are used to treat that. They gave me some antibiotics and it’s not working very well. He has been eating pretty well, but lately it seems to have gotten worse. He’s not as happy as he was and is acting a little anxious. I think it’s because of the antibiotics, but I don’t know what to do about it. I don’t want to give him anything else because I want to make sure he’s fully grown before we add any new things. I don’t know if this is normal or not. I just don’t know what to do.
It sounds to me that you’re doing your best and following the recommendations of your vet, but this is a very common issue. You can try giving him an oral probiotic or an OTC remedy with digestive enzymes. My dog got a case of severe diarrhea and had to go on an IV for three days. The problem was that he was so dehydrated that the stomach could not retn any food. This, along with antibiotics and not getting enough water and nutrition caused the inflammation and diarrhea to flare up. He did eventually recover. I can tell you that he has been on this exact same regimen for almost four years and his GI tract is very healthy.
Should I give my baby an antibiotic for cold?
I just found out that I am pregnant with my third child and I have a one year old girl and a three year old boy. They both have colds. My two year old just started having a little runny nose and cough, and she just started coughing and having a little runny nose. I’m also getting an upper respiratory infection and I’ve had this virus for a couple of weeks now. She’s been coughing quite a bit.
I think my older son had some type of cold a couple of weeks ago. I’m pretty sure he has a cold, but not sure if it’s a sinus infection or an ear infection or both.
My older son had a cough, but his nose is not blocked up. I gave him some cough drops this morning and this is the only medicine I have for him. He’s also been sick for a few days now. I’m not sure how long he’s had this virus.
So I have decided that it would be a good idea for my son to get antibiotics if I’m not sure which type of infection it is. Am I right about that? And if so, is the one antibiotic I’ve found on the internet the best one? It has amoxicillin and a few other things.
My baby has been pretty good so far, but the virus has been spreading around our home.